The Air Component of Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) has reportedly eliminated about 38 suspected terrorists in a series of precision air strikes on terrorist concentrations in Borno State.
The coordinated operations, involving multiple precision-strike aircraft, were conducted between the night of August 21 and the early hours of August 22, following intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance missions that identified the movement of suspected terrorists in separate locations.
According to Zagazola Makama, a counter-insurgency publication, an armed reconnaissance platform was operating over Aduwa at about 10:23 p.m. on August 21 when it received intelligence on the presence of terrorist vehicles and fighters in the area.
The platform subsequently conducted surveillance and tracked the suspected terrorists to a settlement where about eight fighters had gathered, while several other groups were observed at different positions.
Following the necessary operational procedures and authorisation, the platform conducted a precision strike on the larger concentration.
Makama said battle damage assessment indicated that the strike hit the intended target, killing suspected terrorists inside makeshift structures and others outside the huts. The initial strike was assessed to have neutralised approximately 16 terrorists.
At about midnight, the precision platform continued surveillance and tracked about 10 terrorists who had fled the initial strike location and regrouped near a tree.
The aircraft subsequently carried out another strike on the group. Makama said a subsequent battle damage assessment indicated that the weapon hit the intended target, with no movement observed around the strike location.
The military therefore assessed that the 10 terrorists had been neutralised, bringing the reported number killed in the two strikes to 26.
In a separate operation around the Buratai area of Borno State, another precision-strike platform tracked a group of about 12 suspected terrorists to a hut.
The platform maintained surveillance over the target before receiving authorisation to engage.
At about 12:31 a.m. on August 22, the attack aircraft conducted the strike, reportedly achieving a direct hit on the identified target.
According to Makama, the engagement was assessed to have neutralised all 12 suspected terrorists gathered at the location.
The two operations therefore reportedly resulted in the elimination of approximately 38 suspected terrorists.

No comments:
Post a Comment