JUST IN: Ex-Labour Minister Chris Ngige’s Convoy Attacked, Police Officer, Two Others Shot - The Alternative News

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Slider

Thursday, November 27, 2025

JUST IN: Ex-Labour Minister Chris Ngige’s Convoy Attacked, Police Officer, Two Others Shot

 


Gunmen on Wednesday attacked the convoy of former Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, along the Nkpor–Nnobi road in Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Ngige, a former governor of the state, was not in the convoy at the time of the attack.

According to eyewitnesses, the assailants, who were reportedly dressed in police and military uniforms, opened fire on the pilot vehicle. A police officer in the car was shot, and his rifle and uniform were allegedly taken by the attackers.

A woman who attempted to record the incident, as well as a shop owner who rushed out to see what was happening, were also shot. All three victims survived the attack despite sustaining gunshot injuries.

The pilot vehicle was riddled with bullets, and the gunmen escaped with a white Mercedes-Benz SUV snatched during the assault.

Police spokesperson in the state, DSP Ikenga Tochukwu, confirmed the incident on Thursday. He said the stolen vehicle had been recovered and taken into custody as part of ongoing investigations.

“To ensure the perpetrators are apprehended, operatives have intensified a coordinated statewide manhunt for the fleeing armed hoodlums,” Tochukwu said.

He added that further updates would be provided in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment